Domaine de Sales

We are passionate about Domaine de Sales, and let us tell you why..

This extraordinary winery embodies the essence of Bordeaux and has an interesting history that spans generations. The moment you step foot onto the estate, you can feel the weight of tradition and the commitment to crafting exceptional wines.

Here are 5 interesting facts about Domaine de sales…

  1. Domaine de Sales is a historic winery located in the Pomerol appellation of Bordeaux, France. It is one of the oldest and most renowned wine estates in the region, with a history dating back several centuries.
  2. The estate covers an area of approximately 47 hectares (116 acres) and is primarily planted with Merlot, which accounts for about 70% of the vineyard. The remaining 30% is dedicated to Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon.
  3. Domaine de Sales is unique in that it has remained in the hands of the same family for over five generations. The Château has been owned and managed by the same family since the mid-19th century, providing a sense of continuity and tradition to their winemaking.
  4. The wines produced at Domaine de Sales are known for their rich and velvety texture, with flavors of black fruits, spices, and subtle earthiness. They are often described as powerful, well-structured, and capable of aging gracefully for many years.
  5. While the wines of Domaine de Sales may not have the same level of international recognition as some of the more prestigious estates in Bordeaux, they offer excellent quality and value for money. This makes them a favorite among wine enthusiasts who appreciate the classic elegance and character of Pomerol wines without the premium price tag.